Training cardholders and their managers on P-Card policies and procedures prior to card issuance is a best practice, but don’t stop there. There are also many other training topics to offer or require, too; see related training. Further, regularly reinforce key messages through ongoing communication.
The “how” part of the equation makes things even more interesting, given the various options like in-person classroom-style training, live virtual training, and customized online training that employees can complete at their convenience and at their own pace. Offer more than one option, so employees can select what works best for them.
Access related resources:
- Program roles and responsibilities
- P-Card training: when and who
- Maximize manager training
- Related training, such as information-security training
- Training tips from an end-user
- Four principles to adapt your training to adult learners
- The pursuit of interactive training
- Lessons learned about delivering P-Card refresher training
- A quiz can enhance training
- An internal agreement reinforces training
- Newsletters can boost communication
- Presentation design tips
- How to present numbers/statistics with flair